A common question asked is how long a teeth whitening process will take, but there is never a clear answer. The length of time varies depending on the state of your teeth before starting the whitening process, the type of treatment the patient has chosen, and what has discolored the teeth in the first place. One method can take 60 minutes and others can take up to a few weeks. Let’s take a deeper dive.
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Professional teeth whitening is the fastest and most efficient way to whiten your teeth. This procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients leave with 2-3 shades lighter teeth.
- UV lights paired with gel are very popular right now. The gel is normally peroxide-based and is supposed to be used with UV light. The light is said to activate the peroxide and expedite the whitening process. If used every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- A commonly used method is whitening strips, but these aren’t great for sensitive teeth. They also require a commitment to wearing them for 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- Whitening toothpaste is an extremely accessible product that is used to whiten your teeth. The toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains with a toothbrush. If this is done twice a day, results can range anywhere from two to six weeks.
- The method that takes the longest is whitening rinses. Try using the rinse for a few minutes every day for the best results.
Whitening Options at Highlands Ranch Dental Group
Highlands Ranch Dental Group offers in-office and take-home whitening options. The in-office option is just one visit, and the take-home option is used once a day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
We also offer a Bright Rewards program that is available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Patients will be fitted for a bleaching tray, and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients take home the trays and wear them daily. If you continue to come in for regular cleanings, we will send you home with more whitening gel. For more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page.
Brighten Your Smile
If you want a brighter smile, consider getting it professionally whitened! Highlands Ranch Dental Group is currently accepting new patients, and we can help you decide the best option for you. Schedule your appointment online today for a consultation.